Estriatus Law is a boutique law firm that provides legal services exclusively to cleantech, renewable energy and sustainable businesses. Our client portfolio comprises companies and individuals engaged in the development, sale, purchase and/or finance of cleantech and renewable technologies and other environmentally-driven business ventures. Estriatus Law has achieved a significant national presence while serving clients in local, national and global markets. Our goal is to maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
We are committed to providing services based on the following core principles:
- Passion: Lawyers must genuinely care about their clients.
- Responsibility: Lawyers must always do more than what is expected.
- Integrity: Lawyers must focus on creating value and building trust in clients.
- Accountability: Lawyers must provide strategic, end-to-end management of legal matters.
- Flexibility: Lawyers must evolve with their clients to accommodate their changing legal needs.
- Courageous: Lawyers must practice honesty and boldness and provide genuine advice, even if it may mean challenging a client’s ideas; a laywer should demonstrate leadership in order to provide clients with the most effective outcome.
- Knowledgeable: Lawyers must continuously learn and deepen their knowledge to provide expert legal and business advice to their clients.
Experienced and Focused
The landscape of our laws is continually changing. Through carefully listening to our clients, we are able to deliver pragmatic, practical and commercially sound results at cost-effective rates. Our focus is to be approachable, responsive and offer high levels of specialist expertise for clients. We provide legal services to renewable energy and sustainable businesses because we want to protect what we love: A healthy environment for us, future generations and all species who share this earth.
Ms. Lipanovich often serves in the role as outside general counsel for clients. She advises C-level executives, assists with human resource and dispute resolution issues, and develops all manner of transactional documents for business formation, partnership and business development purposes. Ms. Lipanovich has substantial experience with legal issues involving trade secret and customer list protection, non-competition issues, employee obligations and sales relationships. Her representative matters include achieving the successful completion of a wide range of commercial partnerships and transactional matters, the resolution of a multitude of legal disputes ranging from Board of Equalization sales/use tax, employment, copyright, and trademark infringement, and assisting with corporate financings and policy needs. Ms. Lipanovich has experience representing clients on project specific matters including, as follows:
- Business Entity Formation & Legal Advice
- Development of Transactional Documents – Licensing, Supply, Manufacturing, Construction, Joint Venture, & Distribution
- Finance Projects – Solar Power Purchase Agreement & Solar Lease Project Documents
- Intellectual Property Protection & Trademark Filings
- General Dispute Resolution
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Representing Sellers & Buyers
- Corporate Governance
- Policy Projects – Representing Solar Companies
Ms. Lipanovich started Estriatus Law with the goal of working exclusively with renewable energy and sustainable businesses. Prior to founding Estriatus Law, she was General Counsel of a publicly-traded solar installer, manufacturer and distributor where, among her other achievements, she lobbied for the successful uncapping of the residential solar investment tax credit and assisted with the raising of over $44 million in financings. Ms. Lipanovich is passionate about renewable energy technologies and sustainable businesses because she knows that our future depends on them.
- Solar Energy Industry Association (SEIA) and the Solar Services and Consumers Division
- California Solar Energy Industry Association (CALSEIA)
- Renewable, Alternative, and Distributed Energy Resources Committee of the American Bar Association
- California State Bar Business Law Section
- NorCal Solar
- American Solar Energy Society
Get To Know Us.
Subscribe to our blog to stay up to date on current issues happening for sustainable, cleantech and renewable energy businesses.
On The Radio
Estriatus Law’s Founder, Angela Lipanovich, has been featured on The Energy Show, a podcast by solar pioneer Barry Cinnamon, several times. To listen to one of Ms. Lipanovich’s interviews when she discussed the legal issues facing solar contractors, press play below.